The Double Award covers the same broad topics as the separate science IGCSEs, but up to approximately two-thirds of the content overall.
- The nature and variety of living organisms
- Structure and functions in living organisms
- Reproduction and inheritance
- Ecology and the environment
- Use of biological resources
- Principles of chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Forces and motion
- Energy resources and energy transfer
- Solids, liquids and gases
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Radioactivity and particles
This course is assessed with three 2-hour written examinations, each worth 33.3% of the total mark.